Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hawaiian Tsunami

Name: Dining Cafe Tsunami
Style: Asian Fusion
Neighborhood: Ebisu
Website: http://www.tsunami.co.jp/east

Determined to find somewhere new to eat one night, I explored the streets to the east of Ebisu-eki and found Tsunami because they serve a little later than the other restuarants there (last order is 24:00). Tsunami is a Hawaiian-themed Asian Fusion restaurant (there's another Hawaii-themed bar on the same street... not sure what the connection between Hawaii and Ebisu is though). Normally, I don't consider that kind of strong theme a real recommendation, but in August I ate at the new Roy's in Los Angeles and they're not only Hawaiian-themed but a chain, and they were still great, so Tsunami got a test.

Unfortunately, I'm been slow about posting, so I don't remember exactly what I ate at Tsunami, however I remember that they lived up to billing. I avoided some of the overly themed items on the menu (Spam Omeraisu) and got a salad and some sort of fish entree. Both were well-executed, and the place had a good complement of beers from stateside as well, which was a plus. Tsunami is well set-up for parties or groups, and it does have a mellow atmosphere (as oyu'd hope with a Hawaiian theme!). The entree was around 1500 yen, and beers were 800 yen or so.

No comments: