Saturday, February 4, 2012

Great Eating in Kanazawa, Part 2 of 4

Restaurant: Hirosaka-tei / ヒロサカ亭
Neighborhood: Katamachi in Kanazawa / 金沢市片町
Style: Izakaya
Website: http://www.hirosaka.com/index1.html

The second day I explored off on my own. There actually is a very nice Kanazawa page on Wikitravel which is a good read if you're heading there. I picked Hirosaka-tei out of the mid-range section and checked it out.

It was another great night of eating! The highlights here were the sashimi moriawase (again) and the tempura. The place doesn't have an English menu but the owner speaks excellent English having lived in the US for many years, so if you don't speak Japanese feel free to go here but be sure to sit at the counter where the owner can help you out himself.

I continued trying the local nihonshu here with Kagatobi / 加賀鳶, a nice medium-dry sake with a lot of fruitiness.

Hirosaka-tei is just a touch cheaper than Itaru, at about 4000 to 4500 yen per person. The (weeknight) when I was there, it wasn't busy so I had a great time chatting with the owner and waitress in Japanese.

No comments: